At The Goodman Group, we value all of our residents, both individually and collectively. When an individual or a family makes the decision to move to one of our managed communities, we understand that this is a major decision for them. In each case, we have created an environment that promotes resident satisfaction and happiness. We want it to be their decision for all of the right reasons.
Here are some basic questions that can help your family begin to consider whether a move to senior living is the right move at this time and its impact on your life and your family:
- What should we expect at a senior living community?
- Why is this the right move for me/us at this time?
- What is the lifestyle like in a senior living community?
- Wherever we live, would we like to have involvement with friends and socialize?
- What activities do we want to engage in?
- Are we living purposeful lives now, or would we like to do more?
- Are we healthy and mobile now, or do we anticipate needing help in the near future?
- Do we still want to drive ourselves and would we also like to have the convenience of local transportation provided?
- What is our financial situation?
- Would we like assistance with daily tasks and activities to add an additional element of convenience to our lives?
- Are we receiving all of the benefits to which we are entitled, such as Social Security, Medicare, Veterans’ Benefits, etc.?